Date(s) - 06/14/2019
12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Center for Science and Technology Policy Research at CU
1333 Grandview Avenue
Boulder, Colorado, 80302
- Conservation Convention
- Enviroment Education
- Family Friendly
- Ocean Conservation Summit
- Speaker Series
- World Ocean's Day
This fun and dynamic 4.5 hour training covers issues like watershed health, sustainable seafood, plastic pollution, ocean acidification, offshore oil development, strategies for effective advocacy, and more! After the training, volunteers will be equipped to take positive action and educate others about land-to-sea stewardship. This training will feature special guest presentations on timely ocean issues.
- Ages 15 & up
- Students: $15 donation with valid ID, Adults: $25 donation
- Price includes training materials and lunch
Topics Covered in Training:
- Land-to-sea messaging and presentation by Founder and Executive Director covering issues affecting our watersheds, rivers, lakes, and ocean.
- Special presentations by guest speakers on key ocean issues.
- Activity Station: Tabling 101, how to use the watershed model, running a plastic pollution demo, microbead learning activities, and more.
- Opportunities to sign up for volunteer activities or projects.
- Volunteer Handbook and expectations for being a community leader.