As an advocate for natural health, wellness and humanity I try to incorporate all fruits, vegetables and herbs into my families diet as I can. Why all the work (because sadly this today takes work) you ask, is it really worth it? Yes it is. There are countless health benefits.
There have been numerous studies showing how important it is for your health to be wary of processed foods and incorporate more of the healthy foods like veggies, fruits, healthy fats and herbs. While fruits, veggies and healthy fats are the ultimate nourishing foods to keep you in optimal health, herbs are even more important on maintaining and utilizing your health.
Here are 10 reasons why we should use more herbs in our everyday life:
- Herbs contain unique anti-oxidants, essential oils, phyto-sterols and nutrients. When consumed helps the body fight inflammatory diseases,toxins and boosts immunity. Herbs are medicines in a gentle form.
- Herbal oils inhibit enzymes which treats disease like rheumatoid arthritis, osteopath-asthritis and inflammatory bowel conditions like ulcers and colitis.
- Various compounds in herbs have been found to reduce high sugar levels in diabetic patients. Compounds in garlic for instance can regulate cholesterol, reduce high blood pressure and helps cut down coronary health disease. This is by consuming it on a regular bases.
- Herbs contain unique anti-oxidants, essential oils, vitamins, phyto-sterols and many other plants derived nutrient substances, which help equip our body to fight against germs, toxins and to boost immunity level. Herbs are, in fact,medicines in smaller dosages.
- Essential oils in herbs have been found to have anti-inflammatory function by inhibiting the enzyme cyclooxygenase (COX), which mediates inflammatory cascade reaction inside the human body. The enzyme-inhibiting effect of essential oils in herbs makes it an important remedy for symptomatic relief in individuals with inflammatory health problems such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteo-arthritis, and inflammatory bowel conditions like ulcerative colitis.
- Many unique compounds in the healthy herbs have been found to reduce blood sugar levels in diabetics.
- Curcumin, together with other antioxidants in the turmeric, has been found to have anti-amyloid and anti-inflammatory properties and it is thought to be effective in preventing or at-least delaying the onset of Alzheimer disease.
- The volatile oils, vitamins and antioxidants in herbs have cytotoxicity ability against prostate, pancreatic, colon and other cancers.
- The chemical compound on herbs have been found to be anti-spasmodic, analgesic, aphrodisiac, deodorant, digestive, antiseptic and lympolytic (fat and weight loss) when taken in appropriate dosages and forms.
- Finally, herbs are great for even the common old or the more complicated strep throat and even a colicky baby or an asthmatic child.
I have included a kindle book you can download from Amazon. This will show you how to use some of the most common herbs, easy and fast, just when you need it the most.